These are the links to my posts from my personal blog, orangeowldiaries. My posts on there vary – tags, book reviews, personal stories, etc.
- Operation Graduate School: CompleteTwo years of stress, tears, and work have come to an end. I am done with graduate school! I submitted my final assignments earlier this morning and I’m beyond relieved! There have been some easy times and some times when I really thought that I would not finish. Two years went by pretty fast, though … Continue reading Operation Graduate School: Complete
- Getting Out ThereI meant to post this a while ago, but you know, life happens and you forget about things. Whoops. Since I published my book this past summer, I’ve taken to making sure I post in my online class introductions that I wrote book. After all, I’m going for my Master’s in Library Science, as are … Continue reading Getting Out There
- Reading vs. ListeningAs bookworms, we all have our preferred formats when it comes to reading. Some people, well, most people prefer physical books over ebooks. Or they might like both the same and just prefer ebooks for traveling (me). But there is another option that many people like to use to consume books… audiobooks. So I am … Continue reading Reading vs. Listening
- My 2019 Reading ChallengeSo we are three days into the new year and I’ve read 2 1/2 books so far. I’d say that’s a pretty good start for my reading goal! This year I’m staring my Goodreads Challenge at 50 books, since I read more than that the past two years. It is possible that the number will … Continue reading My 2019 Reading Challenge
- My Year in BooksWell, it’s the last day of the year and I’m glad to say that once again I crushed my reading goal. I originally only said I’d read 25-30 books, and then when I got close to that goal, I raised it to 45… then again to 55 books. I still beat that final goal by six … Continue reading My Year in Books
- Christmas ebook Sale!Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I know it’s been a while, but… you know, life happens. One of those things being that I finished yet another semester of grad school and only have one more left! Anyway, for the next two days (today and tomorrow) the Kindle version of my book, Standing By, is on sale … Continue reading Christmas ebook Sale!
- The Review IssueA problem that I have come across in recent years is looking up book reviews before deciding to buy or even read a book. This is an issue because I might end up missing out on a really good book or end up hating one that everyone else loves. I’ve been more conscious of this … Continue reading The Review Issue
- One More YearWell, I hope everyone has enjoyed at least some part of their Labor Day weekend. I certainly did, and no, I didn’t go to any cookouts. Instead, I’m three for three going to bookstores all weekend. But I won’t go into that. The end of Labor Day weekend means a few different things. The end … Continue reading One More Year
- Where Did July Go?July went by too fast if you ask me. One moment it’s here and the next thing I know it’s my best friend’s birthday. What happened? The month went by so fast in fact, that I have now just realized that it’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted. This was more due to a … Continue reading Where Did July Go?
- Mid-Year Reading ReportWe are over halfway into the year now, and it’s been quite a year so far! Not only did I finish my first year of graduate school with a 4.0 GPA, but I have also written and published a book and somehow managed to read (as of this time) 34 books. I really though I’d … Continue reading Mid-Year Reading Report